1.5 Same as above but using 3 8 inch servo woofs instead of 2 12 inchers. Baffle is only 12 inches wide top to bottom. Will loose a small amount of low bass power but may be faster. Add $400 for the assembled cost and add about $100 to the kit cost.
2. 2 Neo 10s mounted horizontally with Neo 3 in between. Lower distortion and higher power handling. $3400 kit price .
2.5 4 Neo 10s mounted horizontally with Neo 3 in between two Neos on top and two below. Even lower distortion through the lower treble and even higher power handling. $4200 kit price .
3. Add a second midrange panel and use 6 neo 3s per channel and you now have a 20 inch line source. Lower distortion and higher sensitivity (96db). The top of the speaker would be around 50 inches tall. $8500 the pair. Two 12 inch servo woofs, 2 10 inch Neo 10 mids and 6 Neo 3 tweeters per channel!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kit of parts around $4400. I don't know any speaker in existence under $20,000 that would have the combination of state of the art servo woofs (amazing super controlled deep bass), super pure midrange and super pure high frequencies and high efficiency. In fact, this speaker may beat most all the biggies out there.....but there is more.
3.5 Same as above but substitute 3 8 inch servo woofs for the two 12 inchers. 12inch wide baffle top to bottom. $400 more for assembled cost and add about $100 to the kit cost. Another option would be to have 2 eights side by side on the bottom and a single one above it. This would allow the overall height to be less.
4. Mount the two 12s side by side on the bottom (30 inches wide) but make the rest of the panel 12 inches wide all the way up and now you have room enough for 4 neo 10s and 12 neo 3s........OH MY GOD! A forty inch line source! Around
Kit of parts around $6500.
4.5 Same as above but substitute 3 8 inch servo woofs for the two 12 inchers. Now you have a 24 inch wide baffle on the bottom and the rest is 12 inches wide. $10,900 assembled and $6600 for the kit.
Sub owners versions: If you already have great subs then just use 2 or 3 servo eights in any of our above speakers and the panel only has to be 12 inches wide. Killer bass from the eights from sub cut off to 300hz. Slimmer size.
5. How about 3 GR Research 12 inch servo woofers per channel mounted on their own baffle driven by the included servo amp for each channel. Another baffle would have a line source of either 4 or 6 Neo 10 planar mids (40 or 60 inch line source!!!) and either 12 or 16 Neo 3 tweets. The sensitivity of the mids and highs (running off your amp) with 6 mids would be at least 98db. Mounting the woofers on their own baffle allows more transparency from the mids and highs as they don't have to vibrate with the woofers. Having more drivers allows better dynamics, lower distortion and more transparency and detail. Around $13,000 to $16,000 for the pair. Kits for the 4 10" mid version would be around $7000 and for the 6 10" mid version would be around $8500. Any of these combos would probably beat all the usual $60,000 plus speakers. Incredible fast bass below 20 hz. Oh, but there is more.
5.5 4 or 5 Gr Research 12 inch servo woofers on each side on their own baffle driven by two servo amps per channel (each servo amp can drive 3 woofs). The second baffle would have 6 Neo 10s and 16 Neo 3s. $18,500 with 4 12s or $19,000 for 5 12s. Kits: $9500-$10,500 depending on options. .......Woah baby! 5 12 inch servos woofs per channel, 6 10 inch midrange planars and 16 planar tweets.....Holy Moly!!!! Another option would be to have the woofer baffle be less wide but have 6 8 inch servo woofers driven by the two servo amps per channel.
6. How about 6 GR Research 12 inch servo woofers per channel mounted on their own baffle. Driven by two servo amps per channel. Another baffle would have a line source of 8 BG 10 planar mids and 22 BG Neo 3s (80 inch line source!!!). Modified Behringer xover on the bass to make sure all those woofers are dead flat at your listening postion. I don't know any speaker on the planet that would be better. The usual bracing of the magnets, no binding post sound, built-in ground enhancers, super wire (options for the best wire and crossover parts in the world), diffraction control, etc. Dead flat frequency response at your listening seat from 15 hz to above 20K! Massive!!!! controlled bass, but because the bass is totally equalized you could even have this speaker in a relatively small room. Totally tweak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
$30,000 plus. Kit of parts $15,000 or so.
Imagine what the big speaker companies would charge for something like this....certainly $125,000 plus. But nothing exists like this......6 12 inch open baffle servo woofs fully equalized?!!!! Over 100db sensitive planar line sources....no binding post sound.....worlds best xover parts!!!!.....Duelund caps, Jensen wax copper foil coils. These speakers could play 120db in a massive room with super low distortion! Yet they would give you goosebumps at 80db in a small room. Could this be the worlds best speaker? We shall see...er hear.
Pic of back before top chopping and pic of speaker with mid-tweet now on separate baffle to allow time aligning with woofers and to be able to try different amounts of drivers on top. Coming next is the 2mid/6 tweet top and soon after the 4 mid/12 tweeter top. UPDATE 5-31-2013 . We will have the kits ready soon.
6-9-2013 : Here they come!!!!!!!......40 inch line source, mini 20 inch line source, two Neo 10s horizontal and one Neo 3 vertical.
6-17-2013 : 4 Neo 10s and one Neo 3
I am currently designing several open baffle speakers
(also available as kits...kits include xover parts, schematics and plans)
to sell (direct wholesale, of course). Here are the current plans